Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Universe Sandbox: Is this what I think this is?

I was browsing the games on Steam today and something caught my eye on the front page. One of the games on the featured games list was name Universe Sandbox, and I'm a sucker for almost any type of simulator game so I did some reading.

Steam summarizes it as so:

"Create and destroy on a scale you’ve never imagined with the ultimate space simulator.

Harness the power to create black holes, collide galaxies, and manipulate gravity with just a few clicks. Inspired by the software astronomers use to unlock the mysteries of our universe, never before has astronomy been so interactive or so much fun.

Spawn a massive moon to tear apart Saturn’s rings or launch a rogue star to rip the planets from their orbits around our sun. After unleashing catastrophic destruction, create your own solar system and share it with friends."

In my honest opinion, this is a pretty awesome sounding game. The only thing missing for me is the ability to create star ports and planets, but I guess I should be playing Spore instead in that case.

There is a free version of the game where you can explore and view simulated galaxies, control time, and compare celestial bodies... but if you get the $19.99 verson(or the $9.99 off of Steam) you get all those features andddddd:

The ability to add stars, planets, moons, & galaxies
Create your own simulation
Spawn rings around planets
Manipulate the force of gravity
Easily create elliptical & binary orbits
Move and rotate objects
Edit object mass and other properties
Switch between multiple color modes
Change the center of motion
Show Lagrange points and habitable zones
>>>>>Explode anything!<<<<<
Use 3D glasses for total immersion

These developers need to work on adding space ships and jedis, then I'm totally sold

No comments:

Post a Comment