Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Terraria: Dig, Build, Meh...


At first glance Terraria is Minecraft 2D... Well. Yeah, it basically is, but I have to admit, this game just might be a more finished and sometimes more challenging version of Minecraft, yet also much more forgiving. You start off with a few basic tools, no tutorial except some good advice from a guide who just happens to be wandering around in your area. Your goal in the game is to create a town with a merchant, nurse, demolitionist, and more. You have to cut wood build homes and craft tools and decorations for your home......
...

You know what I'm trying really reallllly hard not to compare Terraria any more to Minecraft than I might already have, but seriously, the developer of Terraria has some balls! Ok, Notch might have gotten the idea of Minecraft
from other games, but those games were inspirations, Terraria is basically Minecraft pixellized and platform-ized.The dude didn't even need to advertise the damn game! He just had Steam feature his game for $10 and BAM everyone who has Steam has been playing Terraria today instead of PWN-ing some n00bs on their favorite CS:S server.

I mean, the game is fun, good job, but I think the only reason why I even paid $10 for this game is because my boyfriend promised to play with me since apparently Minecraft is too pricey and boring.

My Rating: ??? out of ?!?!?!, because I really need some time to think about this, I really want to rate the game unbiased and not compare it to other games, but.... it's really difficult for me at the moment. I mean seriously you can't search Terraria on Twitter and not see Minecraft mentions within the 140 character limit of each and every tweet made by the entire world! How the hell does anyone get away with copying the same exact game but just changing the format, it's like changing the names of all the characters in Pocahontas, but still use the same damn script and sell it for millions, I means it's still a good story, but aisdfhnailwuekhfbnaisekfhdbnaukshjdnaksejdfhbajasdfjhbajsdhfbajsbdaad aisdhfnkjab dfjabsdjfhmbjsehbd jdhsbfamjdf


I need to lie down.

3 comments:

  1. This game is more like Zelda and Metroid than minecraft. The only minecraft component in this game is the world destruction and construction. Even then other games have that, both minecraft and Terraria just happen to be 100% destructible and constructable and both square. that's where the similarities stop.

    After that its an open ended RPG platformer, where you chose what to do, what boss to fight first, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been playing a bit more lately, and I definitely see what you are talking about Zac. It's a lot more complex than minecraft from what my first few nights in the game world. I'll probably do a revised review sooner or later, thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Individuals utilize various gadgets like Android, iOS, iPhone, PC, and significantly more. They need https://supermashflash2online.com/
    additionally play this game on their gadgets, yet they don't have the foggiest idea about the procedure of how might they download and introduce it https://supermashflash2online.com/super-smash-flash-2-download/. Along these lines, I am going to reveal to all of you gadgets downloading and introducing techniques. We should begin discussing the techniques! https://supermashflash2online.com/ssf2/

    ReplyDelete